Although by no means a comprehensive list, the following tips and recommendations can help ensure that drivers and passengers of E-Z-GO vehicles remain safe and enjoy their E-Z-GO experience. Read and follow all safety precautions outlined in the owner's manual of your E-Z-GO vehicle. Also, know and follow all state and local regulations governing the use of golf cars and personal-use vehicles in your area.
- Keep hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.
- Do not operate the vehicle on public roads.
- Never operate the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Do not operate the vehicle with more than two (2) passengers per bench seat.
- Special care must be taken when using the vehicle in the presence of children. Do not allow young children or teenagers to operate the vehicle, particularly unattended. E-Z-GO recommends that only licensed drivers operate E-Z-GO vehicles.
- Do not allow young children to ride in the vehicle without a supervising adult. Children's feet must be able to touch the floorboard of the vehicle, and they must be able to hold on to the safety handles on the vehicle canopy or restraint.
- Make sure that tyres are properly inflated before operating. Never install unapproved tyres, including so-called "low-pressure" tyres, on a personal-utility vehicle. Use of these tyres can create an extremely unstable and hazardous operating condition.
- Modifications to the vehicle, such as installation of a "lift kit" or rear-facing seat, can change the operating characteristics of the vehicle. Always be sure you understand and are mindful of the ways in which a modification can alter a vehicle's behaviour. Also, if modifying a vehicle, we recommend the use of genuine E-Z-GO parts and accessories, which have been tested to conform to safe operating standards and conditions. Genuine E-Z-GO parts and accessories are available at your local E-Z-GO dealer.
- Do not modify your E-Z-GO vehicle to go faster than the speed at which it was designed to operate from the factory. Such modifications cause the vehicle to operate at a speed and in a manner for which it was not intended, designed or tested. Such modifications also are often in violation of federal, state and local laws governing the use of personal-utility vehicles.
- Passengers in a rear-facing seat must use particular care, since they cannot see the upcoming path of the vehicle or possible approaching hazards. Rear-facing passengers must always hold on to safety handles and keep their feet firmly placed upon the vehicle's floorboard.
This is not an exhaustive list of safety guidelines and precautions. No list, however lengthy, could ever cover all of the possible operating situations and conditions for every E-Z-GO vehicle in every possible environment.
If you have any questions about safe and proper use of your E-Z-GO vehicle, please contact E-Z-GO at (07) 3807 8895.
Again, no safety feature or guideline will replace the old-fashioned common sense of responsible drivers and passengers. Please operate your E-Z-GO vehicle responsibly, and thank you for supporting E-Z-GO.