We Are Committed to Promoting Sustainability
- Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to Augusta Golf Cars Pty Ltd's professional activities and the management of the organization. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do the same.
- Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimize the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, and continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Practical Steps In order to Put These Principles into Practice
Travel and Meetings
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
- Include the full costs of more sustainable forms of transport in our financial proposals, rather than the least cost option which may involve travelling by car or air.
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
- To reduce the need to travel to meetings and elsewhere, and facilitate regular client contact, we will provide free training webinars to clients to attend at any time.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc, and promote the use of public transport by locating our offices in accessible locations.
- Internal senior reviews will be held at least once per year.
- Management reviews will be conducted quarterly.
Purchase of Equipment and Consumption of Resources
- Minimize our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Always re-use packaging when sending parts stock to clients.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
- Maximize the proportion from renewable energy sources through the installation of efficient solar systems to power offices and warehouses.
- Ensure that timber furniture, and any other timber products, are recycled or from well-managed, sustainable sources and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.
Working Practices and Advice to Clients
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and / or environmental organizations and make donations and educate to the benefits of electric sustainable vehicles to help offset carbon emissions ie: contributions to the Botanic Gardens of Australia and New Zealand and support of their environmental sustainability programs.
- Ensure that any agents we engage take account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients.
- Include a copy of our Sustainability Policy to clients when requested.
Last Updated 05/08/19